After a recent “staycation” in Ireland I noticed that there are quite a few things that happen in Ireland that we Irish are used to, but that may seem very annoying to people outside our small island.
So here are some tips for anybody considering a trip to the Emerald Isle.
1. Your bus WILL be late. Timetables are used for a rough estimate and should not be relied upon.
2. Always bring a jacket. Even if it’s a gorgeous day there will always be some stage where you will be rained on or made frozen by gale force winds…even if just for a moment.
3. Talk to your barman. He’ll tell you all the best places to go better than a tour guide/book can. And even if it’s just yourselves and himself in the bar he should have some good stories for you and give you a good laugh.
4. If you’re lost or questioning if you’re in the right place because your bus hasn’t arrived yet, just ask someone. We are generally friendly people and if we can help you, we will.
5. Drinking Guinness isn’t a necessity.
To finish this off I’m going to attach a photo I took while away. Hopefully it encourages you to come visit us. And even more so, hopefully these points will help you if you make it 🙂